This dish is so easy to prepare and is composed of three different components: the French fries, the chili sauce and the topping which is mostly cheese or cheese sauce. Originally the fries are deep fried in oil, but I'm sure you know by now how much I dislike frying. It is a hassle for me, plus it takes up too much oil which I can't reuse, it is smelly and messy. Therefore, I opt for using the air fryer which gives me almost the same texture minus all the fuss. Of course oven baked fries work really well too if you do not have an air fryer. Therefore, choose your method, this dish works with all of them.
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes - 3 -4 حبات بطاطا
- 1 medium onion - بصله متوسطه
- 1/4 kilo minced beef - ربع كيلو لحم عجل
- 2 garlic cloves - ضرسين توم
- 1 tspn ground cumin - ملعقه صغيره كمون مطحون
- 1 tspn ground coriander - ملعقه صغيره كزبرا مطحونه
- 1 tspn paprika - ملعقه صغيره بابريكا
- 1 1/2 tbspn tomato paste - ملعقه كبيره و نصف صلصة بندوره
- 3-4 juiced tomatoes - 3-4 حبات بندوره معصورين
- 2-3 tbspn Worcestershire sauce - 2-3 ملعقه كبيره ورشسترشاير صوص
- 1 tspn sugar - ملعقه صغيره سكر
- 1 cup kidney beans - كوب فاصوليا حمرا معلبه
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese كوب ونصف جبنة تشيدر
- For Garnish: للتزيين
- Jalapeno Pickles - مخلل فلفل
- Chopped green and yellow bell peppers - فلفل حلو ملون
- Chopped coriander - كزبرا خضرا
*As I mentioned earlier, choose the method in which you would like to make your french fries. If you choose to use the air fryer, chop the fries not too thick, sprinkle salt and black pepper and give them a spray of oil of a small drizle. Mix and place them on the wax paper made specially for the air fryer, set for 10 minutes on 200 degrees, give them a toss, then another 10-15 minutes on 180. Until you reach the color you prefer.
*If you choose to make them in the oven, lay them on the oven tray, I prefer you use wax paper because potatoes are starchy, and they tend to stick to the pan. You must coat them with oil on all sides too. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes flipping halfway or until they are crispy. You may need more time depending on your oven.
*To make the chili sauce, we sauté the finely chopped onion in some oil until soft and golden, add the garlic and give it a minute then drop in the minced meat and mix well until it has browned slightly and separated.