As much as some people - myself included - love dates, many do not. They do not like the way it tastes and feel it is overly sweet. For those in specific I made todays amazing Date Balls. They are chocolatey, citrusy and delicious! You won't guess that the main ingredient is dates.
- 1 cup almonds or any nut of choice - كوب لوز او جوز
- 10 medium Medjool dates - 10 حبات تمر مدجول متوسط الحجم
- 1/3 cup cranberries - ثلث كوب توت مجفف
- Zest of 1 full orange - برش برتقاله كامله
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder - ملعقه كبيره بودرة الكاكاو
- 1 tablespoon tahini or peanut butter - ملعقه كبيره طحينه او زبدة الفول السوداني
* Use a blender to blend the almond or walnuts or nut of choice finely. Add in the cranberries and orange zest blend again.
*Now add the dates, cocoa powder, tahini or peanut butter and blend to completely combine. The result should be a consistency which you could easily form into balls without it sticking to your hands.
*Make the balls into the size you like, I prefer bite size and serve. For an extra chewy result, keep in the fridge.