طريقة عمل الدقوس الحار
٣ حبات طماطم ناضجة
٢-٣ فصوص ثوم
٣ فلفل أخضر حار
١ ونصف ملعقة طعام معجون طماطم
٢-٣ ملاعق كبيرة خل أبيض
ملح + فلفل
١ ملعقة صغيرة سكر
٢-٣ ملاعق كبيرة زيت زيتون
Growing up in Kuwait, I am well acquainted with the Kuwaiti cuisine. One sauce that I absolutely love is Daqous. Daqous is basically a tomato based Hot Sauce used in the Arabian Peninsula countries, specifically the Gulf region. It is perfect for stirring into rice, actually no major rice dish is complete without it.
To make Daqous we need ripe tomatoes, garlic and green chili peppers. Use green peppers that are spicy and not the mild kind, this sauce tastes better spicy. The rest are ingredients we find in every kitchen. It is so simple and so fast to make, you'll be adding this to your table every time you make rice.
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 3 green chili peppers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2-3 tablespoons white vinegar
- Salt + pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
* You need a blender to make this sauce, or a mini food processor. Start by mixing the garlic and green peppers in the blender first. This is to ensure you don't end up with big pieces of garlic floating in the sauce.
* Once you've blended the garlic and pepper, add in the tomatoes. A rough chop will do, no need to do any more. Blend them with the garlic mixture until they are juiced.
* To that add the tomato paste, salt and pepper, sugar, vinegar and olive oil and pour everything into a pot. Bring to a boil on medium heat then lower the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until it thickens.
* That's it, your Daqous is ready. Pour it over any rice dish specially Kabsah or Biryani and enjoy.